This was for a cosplay swap. My partner wanted one of two outfits, and I chose the one that seemed less complicated. It still took a fair amount of work.
I'm not familiar with what this character is from, though I'm guessing a visual novel.
I made the choice to convey the idea of the outfit rather than work myself into a tizzy trying to get the exact fabrics and do fine work outside of my familiarity. Mostly I didn't want to make a lace up bustier with exact scale eyelets. Finding something that could stand in for a belt buckle was tricky enough.
The bustier is mostly hand stitched. It hooks up the back (because I forgot to add allowance for snaps,) was hemmed with ribbon pleated and sewn on the edges. The center has some ribbon appliqued and sewing thread crocheted into a string and tacked on to mimic lacing.
The stockings are made from bias cut material edged with bias tape, the necktie came from this pattern (link) and the hat was a bit of a cock up. I cut the hat a little too small to it looked funny sitting on the head. I fixed it with some quilt binding, though it now looks like a cadet cap instead of a newsboy.
The belt gave me some grief. Once I finally found some buttons that could work as a buckle, I tried threading ribbon through it belt style. Pulling the loose end through the last time was a tug of war I barely won. The skirt was much easier, consisting of a loose hanging lining in white edged with lace, the black main part, and three purple ruffles over a third of the skirt. The waistband was purposefully cut wide as the skirt is supposed to be barely there and low on the hips.
Here it is. The necktie wasn't included in the picture, as I don't know how to knot one.
...Also, it wasn't until now that I realized that the skirt ruffles are barely visible in this picture. Oh well, I still like how the overall outfit turned out.