Monday, February 10, 2014

Blue and Red and Heroic All Over

Late last year, I was participating in a winter themed swap. One of my partners had a tiny with no warm tops, and a fondness for superheroes. Off I went to dig up medium blue and cherry red material, the classic hero colors.

The shirt is a simple rectangular style top, trimmed in red. Details on this and other pieces are in the link.
It's not a great picture, but the best I could take of the red stitching I used around the neckline to keep the facing down.

Here is the red collar I made,  topstitched with yellow, a popular heroic accent color.
A simple cloak to keep off the cold.
Here's what it looks like with the collar on top.
Finally, the parti-colored hood with yellow trim I made, with the help of this link.
Here's the blue side.

No comments:

Post a Comment