Friday, January 27, 2012

My Beautiful Girl Mariko

I am fond of many animes and mangas. Elfen Lied is one of them, and I thought it would be great if I had a doll of one of the characters. I forget how quickly I came to the conclusion, but I decided on getting a doll based off of Mariko, the little one I like to describe as a "cute homicidal five year old."

Then came the problem of choosing the body. There was one I thought of getting (one of the tiny Doll in Minds,) but I could not tell if she remained in stock by American retailers, and how often the company would make more of this non limited edition girl. Furthermore, this mold is not a popular one, and my casual searching did not find it on the secondhand market. And then I saw on Den of Angels that there was a group order taking advantage of a sale Cherish Doll was holding. The company had tinies, I found one mold pleasing, and I joined the order.

Tada!





Here she is in a homemade skirt and store bought everything else. Here she is in a doll meetup, borrowing a prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment