Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Occasions

Here is something I made for a swap late last year. The theme for this was "Dress for the Occasion," in which the participants listed two events for their doll that they wanted an outfit for. My partner requested an outfit for an autumn day at school or a family portrait. Her doll was a boy that liked casual clothing, pockets, and the colors green and blue.

I think this outfit can reasonably do both. I knit the sweater from two tiny balls of yarn left over from other, human-sized projects. The shirt has a collar and a pocket over the left breast, while the trousers have two back pockets and one in front. The sweater pattern was taken from the DoA forum, though I took some liberties with it. The pants were heavily altered from the Undead Threads slopers, and the shirt pattern came from Dolly Dolly vol. 24 and changed so much as to be unrecognizable. The only thing I bought for this outfit were the buttons, everything else was from my still too large stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment