Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Red Camellia Blooms

 As with every Dolpa, there are one-offs on display. In the Dolpa where I ordered Frederica, there were twelve for us to drool over, and I took pictures of my favorites, for that way I can admire them whenever I please and not worry about winning the lottery. 




That said, in this Dolpa there was something a little different in that instead of one slip per guest for all of the one-offs, guests could put in a slip for as many of the one-off dolls as they were so inclined. If a person one for one doll, they would no longer be eligible to win another. I eyed my favorites, placed the slips in each box, and realized that I but one slip in the wrong box. I was pleased that I could explain the situation to the staff in Japanese, and things were quickly rectified.

Towards the end of the party, boxes of slips for the one-off were brought up front, and the drawing began. I did not realized that my name was called, but fortunately my mom was faster on the uptake. It turned out that I won the SD Shinku sculpt, and I took her home with me that very night. First things first, I had to give her a name. I wanted the name to reference her sculpt (shinku means "crimson",) and fit with my other girls. After a lot of thought, I decided on "Kouzubaki," or "red camellia." It's a bit of a mouthful, so I call her Kozu for short.






It wasn't long before I realized that while she can fit in a lot of Linnea's things, there are plenty that are too small for her, specifically the waist. For the most part I don't fuss over this, as she is in little danger of a limited wardrobe. I have several outfits in the works for her, but the only one right now that is done, and will be saved for a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment