Saturday, March 3, 2012

Serious Face

Like many people, I like Volks' F-06 mold. I've also had my eye on various tanned dolls over the years, so at the last NYC Dolpa, when I heard that Sunlight would be available, I knew what I must do.

Much of her look was pulled from a character I created I wanted to put into a doll but never did. Hence the brown skin, longer legs, and slightly more mature body (you can hardly tell when they're dressed, but that's an aside.) The serious expression and red brown coloring also came from that other concept.

An important distinction though was that I wanted to make her Lilja's older sister, so I ordered a wig and eyes in colors similar to little sister. She is named after two characters from the game Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Her full name is Frederica, after the character Frederica Bernkastel, and her nickname is Rica, after Furude Rika. This doll's big desire is to be though of as an adult, which frequently reflects in her clothes and manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment